Boston hospitals attract patients from all over the world. Patients stay in Boston hotels, like the Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill, while recovering from surgery or battling an illness.
The people who clean rooms used by hospital patients want to do so safely. That’s why we need the Boston Safe Hotels:
- Provide hotel workers with the same equipment and protection as hospital staff
- Offer training to prevent the spread of blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases
- Set safe staffing ratios for hotel cleaning
Wyndham housekeeping staff have reported syringes, vomit, and blood in guest rooms – yet were not given adequate supplies or protective equipment to handle potentially infectious materials. Read the report based on an April 2015 survey.
There are two ways you can support:
- Sign today to support Boston Safe Hotels at https://actionnetwork.org/forms/support-boston-safe-hotels.
- Join us this Thursday, July 25 at 5pm at City Hall for a Boston City Council hearing to investigate these issues.